Winning Wheels gives you a wealth of options aimed at a common goal: restoring persons served to their maximum level of physical, social and emotional functioning.
Winning Wheels is one of the few rehabilitation facilities in the nation to combine the treatment regime typically associated with a rehabilitation hospital and the daily personal care provided by a residential facility.
Each of Winning Wheels' departments employs strategies and interventions designed to improve or maintain functional skills that can be used in everyday life.
Winning Wheels strives to decrease dependency on institutional care through comprehensive rehabilitation services tailored to individual circumstances. The Winning Wheels continuum of care is made up of highly trained professionals from a variety of clinical disciplines. Each specialist contributes a detailed evaluation that serves as a building block in the development of a comprehensive, individualized treatment plan.
Our emphasis is on personal well-being.
The ultimate goal of Winning Wheels is to help persons served lead meaningful lives. Specialized training in such areas as coping skills and self-care augments each person's daily regime of physical, occupational, speech, psychosocial, cognitive and recreational therapies. Pastoral services, developmental training, and opportunities for continuing education are also available to Winning Wheels' clients. Combined, these programs enable persons served to express independent lifestyles.
Winning Wheels' Mission
To provide comprehensive rehabilitative services to young adults who have neurological impairment with the goal of achieving the individual's fullest potential.
Our Core Values & Guiding Principals
- Quality - We offer high quality service, environment and relationships and are always striving for improvements.
- Customer Focus - We are here to provide customer satisfaction and all of our efforts must be focused on work which adds value and quality of life for those we serve.
- Innovation - We continually seek original and innovative ways to solve problems. We strive to see challenges as opportunities. We entertain new ideas continuously.
- Respect - We respect the hopes and goals of each person served. At all times, we show respect, compassion and empathy toward our residents.
- Commitment - We are committed to the implementation of programs that will lead to the most successful outcome for each person served.
Winning Wheels demonstrates exemplary conformance to the standards:
- The S.T.R.I.V.E. Choraleers are an energetic rural performing group that entertains several community groups with its renditions of popular music.
- The organization's well-maintained and attractive facilities provide a healthy and safe environment for the persons served and staff members.
- The organization enjoys an excellent and well-deserved reputation for the provision of quality rehabilitation services. This is reflected in the tributes paid to the organization by the persons served and family members.
- Numerous activities for leisure and recreation are available to residents, such as adaptive bicycling, adaptive horseback riding, and adaptive water sports. The facility offers a computer lab, relaxation lounge, and woodworking to enhance the quality of lives of persons served.
- All residents interviewed expressed their utmost appreciation for the privilege to live in this facility. They pointed out that their medical needs are met and equipment is provided, which contributes greatly to their wellness and the prevention of complications.
- The certified nursing assistants have received extensive training in meeting the needs of the persons served.
- The Developmental Treatment Program provides a wide variety of interactive activities that incorporate adult learning, gross motor movement, community integration, and self expression. The residents are involved in the planning of activities and express a high level of satisfaction with the services they receive.
- Winning Wheels has a dedicated team that works well together in the best interest of each resident. Staff members display commitment, enthusiasm, and passion for their work. A spirit of collaboration, cooperation, and teamwork permeates staff members' relationships. Their dedication, longevity, and professionalism are recognized strengths of the organization.
- Winning Wheels achieved Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) designation for its health and safety program. The SHARP certification is a collaborative effort between OSHA and the Illinois Department of Commerce and economic opportunity. Winning Wheels is one of three facilities in the five-state region to receive this honor.
Awards, Licensures, Certifications & Memberships
- AHCA (American Healthcare Association) - Step I and Step II Quality Award Recipient
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Medicare / Medicaid
- SHARP - Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program through the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Illinois Bureau of Worker's Compensation
- Illinois Healthcare Association
- Brain Injury Association of Illinois
- Spinal Cord Injury Association of Illinois
We welcome you to learn more about our approach by completing our literature request form for a copy of our facilities and services brochure. Or call us at 815-537-5168 to learn more or schedule a tour of our facilities.